Friday, December 14, 2012

Prairie Girl

Photobucket 
Hey Lovelies!! I hope you've had a great week and are ready for the weekend! I've had a cold all week but hopefully I've kicked it just in time for the weekend. I am going out for dinner with a couple of my girlfriends tonight for a little Christmas get together, tomorrow is The Pretty Secrets vintage pop-up shop and then I am going to a crafting party at my friends place. So it's going to be a busy and awesome weekend. 
On my day off earlier in the week I was wandering around superstore and of course had to go to the Joe Fresh section, I'm glad I did because I found a couple flannel tops for $10 each! I love plaid for fall and winter and this one is perfect, it actually fits properly and I love the way it mixes with the girly lace skirt. Plaid is something that feels quintessentially Canadian and I completely embrace that. Freezing cold outside? Let me put my flannel on!
xJennaD
sPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Outfit: Skirt-F21, Top-Joe Fresh, Belt-Thrift, Boots-mjus via Auvigne and Jones, Ring-Gift, Scarf-Ardene

21 comments:

  1. Love the plaid with the pretty skirt, great combo!
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plaid with lace- and you got it for such a steal! You look adorable as always, and your weekend sounds like so much fun. I need to bully my friends into going to a Christmas dinner with me, thanks for the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flannel and how you paired it with a fancier skirt, it's unexpected and it works! Have fun at the Pop-Up Shop, I'm hoping to attend but have some other events to go to tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to "Pop-In the Pop-Up" ha ha : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Marie, I've got some family stuff tomorrow but I'm hoping to pop by the shop at some point - have fun! I got an amazing blazer at the last one and Sandy has an amazing collection. Love the plaid top as well - so perfect for the weather.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loving your blog! The plaid and lace is too cute!

    xo Emily Beth @ Inspired Attire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit looks so cute on you, love the combination of plaid and lace!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pop up shop sounds adorable! Have fun at it. And I love this plaid top - and for only 10 bucks!? Awesome. Mixing it with lace was a great idea, it's really adorable!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not go to the superstore without a visit to Joe Fresh, seriously, they always the have the cutest things!! And I adore this shirt - too perfect! I just might have to grab one too... xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your girl's night out! Great outfit, I love the mix of lace and checks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As f that was only $10 dollars - I'm assuming that's under £10 right? So jealous you look awesome!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I scored one of those flannel tops too while grocery shopping. It is so warm and cozy! The red looks great on you.

    Bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for the plaids and flannels!! sounds like a fun weekend ahead! i'm meeting up with the girls for our christmas get together, too!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  13. you and your outfit are darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your plaid and lace combination! It looks soo good!

    -Violet

    rose-et-violet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that flannel! I'm making my way into the city tomorrow so i need to stop by joe to see if thats there!

    iambornlippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your plaid top and hair match!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Only you can make a flannel top look totally chic! Sounds like a super fun weekend! I'm trying to take it easy this weekend because I'm sick too, but we will see how it goes :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE!!!!
    Tash
    http://style-isle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!